Signing up to be an Amazon affiliate is a great way to make some extra cash. And who doesn’t love extra cash?
I sure do.
You can pepper your blog posts with links to items that shoppers can buy directly from Amazon, like I did in this recent post. Or you can create a website specifically to showcase select products, like This Is Why I’m Broke or Consumer Search.
The best parts about being an Amazon affiliate are that you don’t have to manage any stock nor provide customer service. All sales are completed through the Amazon website once a shopper clicks on your link.
Here’s how it works.
You create an affiliate link, place it somewhere on the internet, and wait for an interested party to come upon it. The shopper buys from Amazon via your link, at no extra cost to them, and you reap a percentage of the profit.
It’s just that simple.
Obviously just posting a link on the web doesn’t guarantee sales. Targeted marketing of the products to shoppers in your chosen niche is a much better move than just waiting for buyers to drop out of the sky. But that’s a blog post for another day (note to self).
Sometimes, you might want people to be able to shop under your affiliate credentials without a specific product link. You’ll need to create an affiliate link to the Amazon homepage.
But how do you do that?
I’m glad you asked.
Follow the steps I’ve outlined below, and you’ll have your Amazon affiliate homepage link in no time.
1. Navigate to the Amazon affiliate homepage. Click the yellow button labeled ‘Login’ in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. After that, you’ll be directed to an Amazon sign-in page. Now, if you already have an Amazon account, you can use those credentials to log in. Otherwise, you can create a new account from this same page. Make sure to store your login info securely.
3. Now, you’ll come to your Amazon affiliate dashboard. In the upper right corner of the screen, you should see your email address or user id that you used to login, as well as your personal store tracking id. If so, you can proceed to step 4. If not, go back to step 2 and try again.
4. Once you’ve confirmed that you are properly logged in to the Amazon affiliate site, type in Amazon.com to your web address bar and hit enter on your keyboard. You should see the affiliate toolbar across the top of the page. It looks like this. From here, you can access links to help, your earnings, and your account settings on the far right end. But the part we’re interested in is on the opposite end, specifically the section labeled ‘Get Link’.
5. When you want to create a link for a product, you’ll need to navigate to that product’s page on Amazon. But since you want a link for the Amazon homepage, you don’t need to do that. Decide what type of link you want to generate. You have three options to choose from: a text link, an image link, or a text + image link. Click your choice and a box with your link will appear. Now copy and paste that link wherever you need to, either in full form or a shortened version, and you’re all set.
Now go forth, and get that money.